TAX PREPARATION & FILING
Many bookkeepers do not prepare tax returns, but an experienced bookkeeper knows many of the answers to your tax preparer’s questions—before your tax preparer even asks them.
We recommend that you schedule some time to review the previous year’s books with us. We make sure any questions we have for you have been resolved.
Our tax preparation process for business and personal tax preparation is simple and adjusted to your needs. Book an appointment ahead of time and we will walk you through the process.
If you do you bookkeeping yourself or by someone else, we have prepared a form you can fill out to find out if you have everything ready for your Tax Return.
If your books are not up-to date for any reason, there is no need to worry. We are here to make sure your tax return is prepared well.
Required documents to provide are listed below:
- Mileage logs
- Bank and credit card statements
- Payroll documents
- Asset purchase details
- Expenses paid for out of pocket
- Meal expenses that are properly categorized
- Home office expenses (please contact us for information required if applicable)
Starting your personal information such a legal name, social insurance number, your status and date of birth.
We would ask you to prepare all CRA slips such as:
- T3 and/or T5
- RRSP contribution slips (Contributions made from Mar last year – Feb current year)
Additional Tax Slips and information such as:
- Child care expense
- Spousal support payments
- Interest expenses or management fees to earn income from investment.
- Rent income and related expenses
- Medical expenses
- Interest paid to your student loan
There are others slips, but that would be based on your financial activities.